Support for those impacted by the Auckland floods and Cyclone Gabrielle

The NZCRS team travel to areas that have been hit by natural disasters where appropriate, to offer in person support and advice on the insurance claims process.

Immediate support

  • If you are impacted, you should talk to your insurer in the first instance. You can contact NZCRS if you have concerns about your claim or are unsure about the process.
  • If you need temporary accommodation, please visit the Temporary Accommodation Service to learn more. link) — Temporary Accommodation Service (TAS)

Auckland floods

For those impacted by the Auckland weather event NZCRS case managers are on the ground in Auckland and are available to assist. Please contact us if you require assistance.

Contact us

Temporary Accommodation

The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) has activated the Temporary Accommodation Service (TAS) following the Auckland flooding and Cyclone Gabrielle. 

TAS assists people who are displaced by severe weather events or natural disasters to find suitable temporary accommodation while their home or home access is repaired or rebuilt.

TAS can help you find temporary accommodation now or in the future. You can also reach out to TAS if you are staying in emergency accommodation or with friends or whānau and, think you will need longer term accommodation.

Register your details via the TAS website or call 0508 754 163 to discuss your needs. Our team will contact you to first assess your needs and then work with you to find suitable temporary accommodation options.

Cyclone Gabrielle and Auckland flooding 2023(external link) — TAS

There is a cost for temporary accommodation and the TAS team will work with every household who needs the service to find a suitable solution. If you are uninsured or your insurance policy doesn’t cover temporary accommodation, you may be eligible for financial assistance. Our coordinators can advise you which agencies may provide financial support.

If you are the tenant or landlord of a rental property, Tenancy Services has information on your rights and obligations after a natural disaster.

What to do after a natural disaster(external link) — Tenancy Services

Cyclone Gabrielle

We are currently based in Tāmaki Makaurau (Auckland), Tairāwhiti (Gisborne) and Ahuriri (Napier) travelling to communities impacted by Cyclone Gabrielle.

Please contact us if you require assistance.

Contact us


For those affected by the Canterbury Earthquake Sequence (CES) of 2010/2011, our case managers will continue to be available at 161 Cashel Street, Christchurch.

For any further information please contact us on 0508 624 327.