15 August 2023
Canterbury Homeowner Advisory Group meeting minutes from 15 August 2023.
Tom McBrearty (Chair), Daniel Langford, Dean Lester, Phillipa Moore, Linda Ngata
Darren Wright (Director, NZCRS), Kirsty Hamilton (Principal Advisor, NZCRS)
Pip Andrews (Toka Tū Ake EQC), Bernadette McDougall (Toka Tū Ake EQC)
Conflicts and actions
- No new conflicts of interest were noted.
- The actions register was reviewed, and progress noted.
NZCRS operational update
- The Director spoke to his July 2023 NZCRS Director’s Report. Discussion followed.
- A staffing update was provided to the group; 2 staff have relocated, 3 additional Case Managers based in Christchurch and further recruitment underway for 4 additional Case Managers and a Team Leader Support role.
- Progression of Toka Tū Ake EQC claims was discussed with the group noting the success of the monthly claims clinic meetings. Toka Tū Ake EQC data in the Director’s Report was recorded as an action to be clarified.
- The importance of homeowners engaging their own builders to cost and review insurer scopes was highlighted and discussed.
- Marketing of the NZCRS was discussed with the group noting an increase in the service’s presence in media interviews.
- The Principal Advisor Insurance Claims’ role was clarified to the group.
- An overview was provided of the NZCRS work underway in their commitment to being true Te Tiriti partners.
- The services available for NZCRS through Engineering New Zealand were discussed and clarified.
- Ethnic engagement principals appointed by insurers were discussed.
- An update on the summary of the East Coast engagement process to Toka Tū Ake EQC was provided with the group discussing current and ongoing Māori engagement strategy.
- The next CHOAG meeting is scheduled for 17 October 2023.